Congressman Steve Cohen earned an “A” on the National Education Association’s Congressional Scorecard for the 114th Congress.
The NEA’s Legislative Report Card measures Members of Congress’ overall support for public education and educators, with each Member receiving a letter grade of A, B, C, D or F. Letter grades are based on their voting records on selected votes in 2015 – 2016 and on five additional criteria:
- Cosponsorship of bills critical to advancing NEA’s identified legislative priorities;
- Behind- the-scenes work to advance or impede NEA priority issues;
- Committee votes in support of or against NEA priorities;
- Accessibility of the Member and staff in Washington, DC to NEA staff and leaders; and
- Accessibility and education advocacy in the Member’s home state or district.